2019 January meeting minutes
Jan 27th, 2019
MWSPA Meeting Minutes
I. Location: Mount Washington Chalet
III. Present: Bruce Vinnedge, Aengus Bates, Don McCauley, Andrew Hofmann, Martin Martens, Paul Vroom, Randi Joyce, Sam Low
IV. Regrets: Margaret Symon, Dani Gronnestad
V. Call to order: Jan 5, 2019, 12:06
VI. Minutes of previous MWSPA (December 2, 2018). Motion to approve (Aengus), seconded (Randi)
VII. Old Business
- Website: Martin - Sit with Jacob about changing design of website. Gavin will update for a seasons pass.
- Gaming grant: Paul: wonder if we should appeal or resubmit application. Missed by $6,000. Will correspond with Jake.
- Policy Manual: Bruce will work with Martin on policy manual
- T-bog - ricks ride. Jacket before finishing first year training? Yes, so there is no conflict with bumping. Juniors, not as critical.
- Radio: found in the office.
- Jackets: Paul has a list down to 34 jackets. 9 juniors.
- CPR standards. ALS - needs to recert every year.
- Training camp - all done with snow camp. We accepted 27 - 2 far 1 nordic. 12 first year completed. May lose 1 more. 1 finished getting jacket. Remainder needs orientaion and or 1050s.
- Motion to accept Moose, secondary. Aengus
- Gaming grant update - already discussed with old news.
o Jacket recovery plan - already discussed with old news
- Wireless internet - Andrew - burried cable needs to be replaced. We need a new cable. Or put in point to point wireless. Get access to telus. Or we can run a new cable in the summer. Currently easiest would be to use wireless antenna. Cost? $200 plus time and wiring.
- Margaret: FAR: good on weekends but slim on weekdays. Suggest that Natalie Wilson (RN) get an orientation
▪ Moose will ask Sanda.
o FAR: Sandra concern: attendant skiing during a shift.
▪ Moose will talk to sandra
o Computer issue: Nordic, far and alpine. Have to manually sign in.
▪ Moose plugged in reader and it worked. Ongoing issue. Will look into further.
o 2 fanny packs in Nordic – request light-weight jackets for ID
▪ Will be addressed with gaming grant. Can put some badges on fanny packs
o Nordic management asked for coverage schedule
- Martin: 1st year trainee update
o Ski lesson requirement
▪ Need to sign off based on set critera. Only CSIA/CASI only should sign off. Unless you are told by someone who is CSIA trained.
- Moose: social for all patrol
o Moose: Idea is build a community. Social at the chalet with platters and food. Moose will organize first thursday of Feb. Budget? Few hundred.
- Greg: Staff access to website
o Martin: Giving access to Dan and Dave. Policy was to not give to pro patroll. Due to privacy issues. Greg would like to create a staff user to send out training information. Considered having a limited account for them. Board decided that we will have no change for now.
Training report: From the training director: in email
- paper records all complete. Put dead line on t-bog training jan 31.
Parking: Andrew - Can we send a notice about having parking pass/stickers to members. Or something to show you are with patrol. Bruce will send out an email.
Chalet Heat: Andrew - solenoid needs to get fixed. Potential fire hazard. Randi will look into getting an electrition to look at it.
Next board meeting. Saturday Feb 2 at 1:00pm in Chalet.
Meeting adjourned by Paul. Seconded by Andrew.