21/22 Season Updated On-hill Protocols
Jan 28th, 2022
Be advised that we have received the following update to our on-hill protocols for the remainder of the season.
Please read carefully:
- Contact Dispatch for zonal clearance prior to loading chair in morning (one call for all volunteers).
- First Aid Room and bumps will be limited to Mount Washington staff unless otherwise requested.
- No priority loading on any chairlift unless requested.
- Start run checks on Sunrise, moving eastward across the ski area. (Dispatch does not require notification of completed tasks).
- Tasks are to be completed in the following order:
-- Outside area boundaries, rope lines & signs
-- Inside area boundaries, rope lines, signs and tower pads (groomed runs first, then ungroomed runs)
-- Monitor for hazardous conditions that may arise throughout the day and notify Dispatch
-- Speed control in Slow Zones
-- Enforcement of Alpine Responsibility Code
- Upon recognition of an injury, notify Dispatch with location, age, gender and nature of injury. Stay on scene until staff arrive and assist as requested.
- End of day sweep at location assigned by Dispatch.
Other duties and tasks as requested:
- Assist in guarding of avalanche zone closures.
- Assist in missing persons scenarios.
- Assist in avalanche rescue scenarios.
- Assist with guest egress in the event of a lift evacuation.